Here are ten tips to become a better bidder on Priceline when you use Name Your Own Price for hotels.
When bidding on Priceline, donít use the Priceline Name Your Own Price feature if you think you might need
to change your reservation for any reason. Reservations are not
Donít use the Priceline Name Your Own Price feature unless youíre
flexible on your location. You never know for certain what hotel you
might get. Check out the Priceline Hotel Lists
to help you narrow it down, but always use caution
and be flexible when bidding on Priceline.
Donít use the Priceline Name Your Own Price feature if
you want a particular hotel amenity (e.g., swimming pool, airport
shuttle, etc). I like to use Hotwire in these cases since Hotwire shows you
the hotel amenities before you purchase.
Before you Name Your Own Price for bidding on Priceline, do a little digging around other travel websites
to know what hotel rooms cost on other website and do not exceed this amount.
Before you Name Your Own Price, check the
Priceline Forum to determine what prices others
have paid for successful bids on similar star level hotels in the
same area. This is extremely helpful when trying to decide how much to bid
Read and understand the article on how to
instantly rebid on Priceline. The more bids you can make, the lower your starting bid
price and the more money you will save. This is extremely powerful Priceline tip. For example, if you're bidding on a 5-star hotel in Las Vegas,
most people start bidding at around the $80 per night range and rebid in $5 or $10 increments until
their bid is accepted.
Once you determine how many times you can rebid, use this method to
determine a starting bid price, and then work your way up using free rebids.
If you're really eager to maximize your rebids, some people have suggested using multiple credit cards or your spouseís card to increase the number
of rebids. (Yes, apparently this works. However, if you are using your
spouse's credit card, he or she must be present at check-in.) You may need to clear your
browser cookies and cache to make this work. Personally, I do not go to these extreme measure to max out my rebids, but it's an option for you if you're really ambitious.
My #1 tip for bidding on Priceline: Use the Priceline Hotel Lists to determine
what hotels are located in your city and area prior to bidding. These lists are absolutely loved by travelers who use PL because they really go far in taking the risk out of using PL.
After youíve purchased a hotel, help others by sharing
your winning bid information. This is extemely helpful for everyone who uses this site. It
makes a better bidding community and I cannot stress enough how helpful this is to fellow travellers.
Additional Priceline Resources
- Priceline Essentials: Learn the basics of Priceline. Essential reading for anyone considering using Priceline's Name Your Own Price for hotel and other travel reservations.
- Advanced Rebidding Techniques: Learn how to instantly rebid on Priceline up to 8 times OR MORE.
- Determining A Starting Bid Amount: Donít overpay for your hotel, using this technique to determine how much you should bid using Pricelineís Name Your own Price.
- Priceline Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Some of the more common Priceline questions are answered in this section.
- Priceline Forum: Join our forum and discuss Priceline strategies, find out how much others paid for hotel reservations, seek help identifying a hotel, or discuss anything travel related.
- Priceline Blog: Blog articles written about hotel bidding on Priceline.
Compare Fares Now
Have a pen ready? Find out who has the best deal. Click on any of the links below to open a new window.